Subject: Re: [boost] [config] polygon library long long, long double portability
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-26 18:41:47

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes it does, at least with current versions :-)
>>
>> I don't compile in old versions of MSVC for a number of reasons, and
>> only test with MSVC9. I guess for my purposes MSVC does have 64 bit
>> long long.
>
> Visual C++ 8.0 is not old and is well supported by Boost.

I was quite happy to move forward to MSVC9, though I don't remember what it was about MSVC8 that I was happy to get away from. Maybe I was just still so happy to get away from MSVC7 that I got the same warm happy feeling when upgrading to MSVC9. ;)

Does anyone know what issues I can expect to encounter back porting from MSVC9 to MSVC8? Since the code is portable to several front ends and compiles in MSVC8 I would expect back porting it to be minor.

Thanks,
Luke