Subject: Re: [boost] [config] polygon library long long, long double portability
From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-26 18:49:17

Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
> Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>>> I don't compile in old versions of MSVC for a number of reasons,
>>> and only test with MSVC9. I guess for my purposes MSVC does have
>>> 64 bit long long.
>> Visual C++ 8.0 is not old and is well supported by Boost.
>
> I was quite happy to move forward to MSVC9, though I don't remember
> what it was about MSVC8 that I was happy to get away from. Maybe I
> was just still so happy to get away from MSVC7

Do you mean 7.0 or 7.1?

> that I got the same
> warm happy feeling when upgrading to MSVC9. ;)

Nice, but I believe Boost does still support older versions.

I'm not sure if it's a Boost-wide requirement that all libraries must
support all compilers, but it's quite common between users to assume
that's true.

So, I'm not sure if your happiness meets users expactations
as Viasual C++ 8.0 is still widely used and will be for long time.

Best regards,