Subject: Re: [boost] [ptr_container] ptr_vector across DLL boundaries
From: Christian Schladetsch (christian.schladetsch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-06-27 05:25:56

Hi Thorsten,

[snip]

> able to copy e.g. ptr_vector<Base>
> is a key property of the library, and there is no way that
> is going to be removed from the library.
>
> You can accept that or not. If you don't, we have nothing more to discuss.
> If you do, I would be happy to work
> with you and others to make the library even more useful, including
> finding someway of supporting that all memory is allocated from
> the same underlying allocator.

I have no problem with the library in general. I simply found it impossible
to make a clone when using it. I've made my suggestion of passing the parent
allocator to the clone_allocators static clone method. I'm happy to leave it
at that.

At the end of the day, I just change my local branch anyway ;) I'll think
about a way of doing it that you may find preferable over passing the
allocator to the clone_allocator.

Regards,
Christian