Subject: [boost] [interprocess] problem compiling
From: manmohan.m_at_[hidden]
Date: 2009-06-30 09:26:19

Hello,
         I'm trying to use boost::interprocess in my code. The environment being used is S60 armv5 WINSCW (RVCT compiler) . Since it's a header only library, I presumed including it in my USERINCLUDE (i.e placing interprocess inside my local \inc), would suffice the purpose. But there were some dependencies e.g. some include files were not to be found. I managed to solve the interdependencies by including the missing files locally. But when I try to use the sample code for managed_shared_memory (given on the doc page for boost::interprocess), it's giving me errors regarding template-instantiation in ..\inc\boost\interprocess\mem_algo\rbtree_best_fit.hpp. To be precise, the error that I got is attached in the text file. It's too verbose to be written here. The usage is that my main() consists of the following

#include "boost/interprocess/managed_shared_memory.hpp"
#include "boost/interprocess/containers/vector.hpp"
#include "boost/interprocess/allocators/allocator.hpp"

int main ()
{
      using namespace boost::interprocess;
     //Shared memory front-end that is able to construct objects
      //associated with a c-string. Erase previous shared memory with the name
      //to be used and create the memory segment at the specified address and initialize resources
      shared_memory_object::remove("MySharedMemory");
      managed_shared_memory segment (create_only ,"MySharedMemory" ,65536); //segment size in bytes
        return 0;
}

        The underlined statement is the point of instatiation and this is creating the above said errror. Could somebody please point out what am I missing? Is there something else that I need to do in order to use boost::interprocess?

Thanks & Regards
Manmohan

P.S.: Boost is already ported under the environment, but not all modules. I could see all the major includes under system include path "R:\epoc32\include\osextensions\stdapis\boost".