Subject: Re: [boost] [config] problem with sys/select.h on Linux/Unix
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-01 06:16:35

>> It doesn't: at least not deliberately, my guess it's included by
>> something
>> else like <unistd.h> which we really do need.
>>

> Thanks for the reply, but unistd.h is not the culprit either directly or
> indirectly. Two possible candidates are sys/time.h and sys/types.h. Are
> either of these used directly or indirectly in boost config?

Nope, just unistd.h limits.h and stdint.h as far as I can tell.

> Other boost libs document their dependencies. It would be useful if
> boost config documented the headers it includes, particularly as the C
> headers pollute the global namespace.
>
> Do you have any thoughts on a work around? It is awkward trying to write
> a library intended for submission to boost and not being able to use
> either config or the unit test framework.

OK here's the thing, it looks to me as though that header is very likely to
be included even if it's by the users own code based on what you're saying?

If so, then it's going to be important for you code and these system headers
to happily live together, can you give an indication of what you're trying
to do?

Cheers, John.

PS select.h appear to be pulled in via <cstddef> in
select_stdlib_config.hpp.