Subject: Re: [boost] [config] polygon library long long, long double portability
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-01 14:09:04

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Simonson, Lucanus
J<lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Does someone know what specifically is different between MSVC8 and MSVC9 wrt. SFINAE conformance?  I am shooting in the dark to reverse engineer the bugs in the compiler that were fixed between MSVC8 and 9.  There is a good chance that my library won't get backported to MSVC8 without some guidance from the community.

I'm sorry I don't know enough to help out, but both trunk and release
test results show that enable_if passes all tests on 7.1, 8.0, 9.0,
and 10.0. Are you sure it's a compiler bug?

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/utility-enable_if.html
http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/utility-enable_if.html

--Michael Fawcett