Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] Now with Boost.Parameter interface.
From: Vladimir Batov (batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-04 18:24:11

> From: "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]>
>>> I understand how to achieve
>>>
>>> int i=convert<int>::from(str, 0)((locale_=new_locale, throw_=true));
>>>
> You should be able to do it without the double parens. Is there
> documentation missing?

Dave,

Apologies for not answering your question earlier. I am not sure how I
managed to miss it. The answer is 'no', I do not think there is
Boost.Parameter documentation missing. Unfortunately, my understanding
was/is that to achieve that I have to resort to Boost.Parameter macros which
I managed to avoid so far. I think I understand the non-macros part of
Boost.Parameter. I quite like it and I am comfortable using it.
Boost.Parameter macros seemed too complex and looked too "alien" which
exacerbated my general dislike of macros. Please do not take it as a
criticism of any kind. It's merely my "casual-user" impression which can
easily be wrong as I was not prepared to spend enough time playing with
Boost.Parameter macros.

V.