Subject: Re: [boost] Mark throw_exception as noreturn?
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-05 14:22:52

On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Andrey
Semashev<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>
>> I've added a macro BOOST_ATTRIBUTE_NORETURN. The problem is fixed for
>> MSVC, feel free to add support for other compilers in
>> boost/exception/detail/attribute_noreturn.hpp.
>
> Should it really be part of Boost.Exception (moreover, private part)? Maybe
> it's better to be in Boost.Config?

Probably the correct place is Boost.Config, but so far
boost::throw_exception (which is part of Boost Exception) seems to be
the only function that needs this macro and I thought we don't have
good enough reason to add weight to Boost.Config at this point. It'll
take no time at all to make BOOST_ATTRIBUTE_NORETURN official if it is
needed elsewhere in the future.

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.