Subject: Re: [boost] [flat_set/flat_map] request for new constructor that accepts a sorted sequence
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-06 23:48:59

2009/7/7 Thorsten Ottosen <thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden]>:
> Hi Ion,
>
> It would be veyr nice to have the following constructor:
>

>  template< class Iter >
>  flat_container( Iter, Iter, bool /*tag*/ );
>
> which allows one to give the container an already sorted sequence
> (this would be the precondition).

You want this for performance reasons, right? I've also checked that
currently if ordered ranges are passed in ranges constructors
complexity was suppossed to be linear to std::distance(Iter, Iter)
instead of N log N but that's not true. I'll need to fix that.

I'll add this to the to-do list, but I won't be able to add them until
mid-august at least.

> -Thorsten

Best,

Ion