Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-18 02:37:42

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:32 PM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:07 PM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:35 PM, OvermindDL1<overminddl1_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> /* snip */
>>
>> Okay, I cannot for the life of me get that above attached price.cpp
>> file to compile.
>> It is missing includes (apparently expressive needs something that I
>> cannot find either).  It is missing a whole core:: namespace worth of
>> functions that both the custom and the xpressive code reference.
>> Other things too.  This code is completely worthless until someone
>> gives me something complete that I can actually compile.
>>

> Okay, I finally got the xpressive version running, and I made a
> threadsafe version of the spirit version and a grammar version of the
> spirit version.  All I need now is some code of the original version
> to get that working.  I also put in a high-resolution timer and a
> testing setup.  Here is one run:
> Loop count:  10000000
> Parsing:  42.5
> xpressive:  48.3714
> spirit-quick(static):  2.73373
> spirit-quick_new(threadsafe):  2.8916
> spirit-grammar(threadsafe/reusable):  11.5694

Er, correction, the grammar version I forgot to cache something,
making it much slower then it should have been.
Here are two other correct runs:

Loop count: 1000000
Parsing: 42.5
xpressive: 4.62519
spirit-quick(static): 0.27437
spirit-quick_new(threadsafe): 0.278761
spirit-grammar(threadsafe/reusable): 0.311138

Loop count: 10000000
Parsing: 42.5
xpressive: 46.1108
spirit-quick(static): 2.72641
spirit-quick_new(threadsafe): 2.84515
spirit-grammar(threadsafe/reusable): 3.1393

So yea, this looks a *lot* better.