Subject: [boost] RFC - MapReduce library is now available in the Vault
From: Craig Henderson (cdm.henderson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-19 12:52:55

I have uploaded the first public release of my MapReduce library to the
Boost Vault (I don't yet have write access to the sandbox). The ZIP file is
very small, 38Kb, and can be downloaded here:
http://tinyurl.com/boost-mapreduce-zip More general discussion about my
implementation of MapReduce and associated Distributed File System is on my
blog at http://craighenderson.co.uk/blog/

The library is fully functional on Windows with MSVC8, and compiles cleanly
with GCC 3.4.4 on Cygwin (but not tested). I'd appreciate comments from
anyone with other platforms/compilers on whether it builds & runs. I'll get
the code into the sandbox asap, and would welcome patches to support other
platforms.

Documentation is included in the zip and provides a tutorial and example
application. A full reference document of the classes in the library is not
yet included, but I'm working on it.

I would very much welcome all comments on the library and suggestions on its
design and style. I am keen to progress this to submit for a formal review
to become a part of Boost in the near future.

Many thanks

-- Craig

Craig Henderson

 <http://craighenderson.co.uk/> http://www.craighenderson.co.uk