Subject: [boost] FreeBSD regression testing
From: Bruce Simpson (bms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-22 12:37:28

Hi all,

Thanks to whomever cleaned up the old runs on this page:
    http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html

I just wanted to ask:
 * what's the procedure here, are old runs cleaned up automatically?
 * Is there a preferred naming convention for the runs?

    We're aware of some issues with Boost.Build on 64-bit FreeBSD
platforms at the moment. I'll be starting another run shortly, but will
be performing it on i386, so as to avoid the FAILs we're seeing. I just
merged a fix to FreeBSD's system gcc to deal with some issues in global
'using' declarations, that should bring FreeBSD-STABLE/i386 closer to
the other platforms in terms of Boost stability.

    I would like to get a slice of FreeBSD cluster resources to run the
Boost regression tests periodically, so I'll have a chat with the
cluster admins about it.

thanks,
BMS