Subject: [boost] AlRangeExandrescu?
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 08:48:50

Hi Neil,

I'm sure someone already spoke to you about this, but just in case:
Andrei Alexandrescu gave a very interesting presentation at BoostCon
that was based on a "ranges only" approach that should eliminate
issues like this one:

   2: return type specification for find() etc
   There where no major objection to the mechanism, but some found
   the syntax ugly. I believe the suggested syntax (e.g.)

    boost::find[_f,_e]( range, x )

    boost::find[_f+1,_e]( range, x )

He says he's implemented a superset of the STL algorithms with it so
we know the expressive power is fairly complete. I was wondering if
you had given any thought to making use of his insights? Especially
considering that RangeEx hasn't been used to fully cover a generic
domain (I think), it might make sense.

--
David Abrahams
BoostPro Computing