Subject: Re: [boost] AlRangeExandrescu?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 15:18:41

AMDG

David Abrahams wrote:
> He says he's implemented a superset of the STL algorithms with it so
> we know the expressive power is fairly complete. I was wondering if
> you had given any thought to making use of his insights? Especially
> considering that RangeEx hasn't been used to fully cover a generic
> domain (I think), it might make sense.

One thing that I'm not entirely sure how to implement
using ranges alone is regex_search. The basic problem
is that in order to implement match_results, we need
to create a sub-range delimited by two iterators
*both of which are derived from the begin iterator*
Ranges effectively make the begin and end iterators
completely disjoint.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe