Subject: Re: [boost] AlRangeExandrescu?
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-26 14:05:06

Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei <at> metalanguage.com> writes:

> Another example of an iterator-based design that's not easy to replicate
> with ranges is Boost Multi-Index. (Thanks Emil Dotchevski for pointing
> that out during my talk. (Marshall Clow promised the video will be
> available Real Real Soon Now(tm).)) In Multi-Index, indexes store
> iterators; storing ranges would often waste twice the space for little
> or no benefit.

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm lacking the background to understand the
discussion, but why is Boost.MultiIndex any different to
other STL containers? What's the particular functionality
that's posing the problem? Maybe I can answer this to myself
if you could refer me to some material I can read in order
to fully understand your proposals.

Thank you,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo