Subject: Re: [boost] Generalized concept usage in Boost libraries
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-27 12:01:29

Mathias Gaunard wrote:

> Should all Boost libraries be modified in order to include concept
> checking, and should it become part of the programming policy?
> From what I can see, it seems most libraries don't make use of
> Boost.ConceptCheck at all.

I'll shot a few questions right away. How does it affect compilation
times and source code size? How widely is it supported among legacy
compilers? Does it introduce any side dependencies? Are there any
estimates on how it affects library developing time (based on the amount
of code written, for example)?

I'm asking because your proposal sounds like an overhaul of Boost
libraries and a possible obstacle for getting new libraries into Boost.
I, as an upcoming Boost.Log library author, am concerned whether I have
to spend extra time and effort to embed Boost.ConceptCheck into my
library to get it accepted.