Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40][release][bug-spring] Release Notes
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-27 19:13:12

> Since we're moving towards the release, this would be a great time to
> add your release notes to the site. As always, if you can't or don't
> want to update the website, reply to this email and I'll do it for
> you.
>
> Also, if you've fixed anything in the bug sprint that's worth
> mentioning, it should probably be in there.

There have been a couple of bug fixes to Wave, not sure whether it's
appropriate to list all of them in detail:

Boost V1.40.0: Wave V2.0.2
- Fixed several race condition inhibiting to use Wave in multi threaded
  environments. Wave is now usable in multi threaded applications again.
- Fixed compilation problems caused by recent changes to the multi_pass
iterator
  from Spirit V2.1.
- Fixed Wave to compile with BOOST_FILESYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED defined (i.e.
the
  library doesn't use the deprecated filesystem interface anymore).
- Switched to Re2C V0.13.5
- Specifying a custom token type now works as expected. The new lexer
interface
  introduced in V2.0 broke this part.
- Removed old code related to pre Boost V1.31 (related to V1 of iterator
  library), this breaks compatibility with Boost versions this old.
- Incorporated the changes from latest version of the flex_string class
(#2946).
- Finally fixed all remaining examples. Everything seems to work fine now.
- Added a new commandline option --macrocounts/-c to the Wave driver
application
  which lists all macro invocation counts to an optionally specified file
  (default is cout).
- Fixed --list_includes/-l command line option of the wave driver tool to
  correctly indent the generated list of included files.

Regards Hartmut