Subject: Re: [boost] Subversion upgrade on svn.boost.org
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 10:33:51

2009/7/28 Frank Mori Hess <fmhess_at_[hidden]>:
> On Monday 27 July 2009, Daniel James wrote:
>> You and I have done full tree merges (using svnmerge, but that's
>> irrelevant) so that the merge info is on the root directory.
>
> I thought svnmerge used the svnmerge-blocked and svnmerge-integrated
> properties, while svn itself uses svn:mergeinfo.

When you merge using svnmerge it uses svn to do the actual merge so
you get both. For an example, see the property changes on:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/55206/

> I did see a script
> somewhere for converting svnmerge properties to svn:mergeinfo though.

I came across it last night, it's is at:

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svnmerge/svnmerge-migrate-history.py

I think it has to be run on the server. Although, it wouldn't be too
hard to do it manually.

But I was trying to concentrate on how (or I suppose if) we're going
to use subversion's native merge. We can deal with the historical data
once we've decided that.

Daniel