Subject: Re: [boost] AlRangeExandrescu?
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 11:09:15

Andrei Alexandrescu <andrei <at> metalanguage.com> writes:

> During the talk, he mentioned that of course the problem would have been
> obviated if the APIs used a little abstraction that packaged the pointer
> and the size together.

for what it worth I came to exactly the same conclusion while ago and introduced
basic_cstring template (in Boost.Test code and in all my day life projects),
which is is tiny abstract that wraps two pointers or pointer and size to model
any buffers in C like interfaces. I must say it's still one of the most useful
little thing I am using in my code.

Gennadiy