Subject: [boost] 0MQ messaging in Boost
From: Pieter Hintjens (ph_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 10:06:55

Hi,

I'm part of the 0MQ team in FastMQ, we're making a free low latency
messaging library in C++ and Dhruva suggested it could be useful in
Boost.

The current stable 0MQ/1.0 is probably too complex to use in Boost but
the forthcoming 0MQ/2.0 has a simpler socket-style API (sends messages
rather than bytes) and runs with no external components. Dhruva is
probably better placed than me to explain how 0MQ could help Boost
users.

One issue we've already discussed is licensing: currently 0MQ is LGPL,
but we'd be prepared to change the license on 0MQ/2.0 to BSL (or
dual-license it) so it can be included in Boost.

Please excuse in advance my ignorance: I'm neither a developer nor
user of 0MQ, but acting as community front-end.

Cheers,
Pieter Hintjens
FastMQ