Subject: Re: [boost] [regex] "I want everything" should build "out of thebox"(onWindows)
From: Edward Grace (ej.grace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 16:22:09

On 29 Jul 2009, at 13:08, John Maddock wrote:

> Jake Voytko started this library during a 2007 GSoC and I have now
> expanded
> it quite a bit, and begun to use it for my own purposes (including
> preparing
> the plot for the Boost.Math library functions and statistical
> distributions).
>
> Before I do any more work on it, I'd appreciate feedback from
> Boosters on
> how useful they think it might be, perhaps as a Boost library?

[...]

I think that a graphics library would be a welcome addition. The
obvious sticking point is scope (3D - 2D - OpenGL?) etc.

That said, are you aware of ROOT?

   http://root.cern.ch/drupal/image

it uses a C++ interpreter (CINT) as the front end and has quite
decent graphics production.

-ed

"No more boom and bust." -- Dr. J. G. Brown, 1997