Subject: Re: [boost] "I want everything" should build "out of the box" (on Windows)
From: KTC (ktc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-29 17:21:37

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> KTC wrote:
>

>> Nope, MPI requires modification of user-config.jam or building it on its
>> own with --with-mpi. Why? No other optional components build that way.
>> So they look to see how they do that, and does it.
>
> Do you actually want Boost.MPI? I kinda expect anybody who wants to use
> Boost.MPI to already have MPI installed.

Personally, probably not. But my issue with it was that MPI's build
behaviour differ from all the other libraries. It's a minor thing anyway
because it's well documented both in the docs, and in the text return
from the build screen when building without specifying --without-mpi.

> Did you file any issues at svn.boost.org? This is the first time I hear about
> any expat-related problems whatsoever.

Not yet. Trac kinda confuses me. :D I never encountered the expat issue
before either because I've only just upgraded to 1.39, and it's the
first time I tried building with expat. I'll file something though.

KTC

--
Only two things are infinite,
  the Universe and Stupidity.