Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Build tests on OSX
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 01:09:57

Celtic Minstrel wrote:

> That was easy... I've done it. I redirected them to files, which are
> attached;

Thank you very much. Could you do a second experiment, with an
additional option:

    python library_chain.py --verbose darwin
    python library_order.py --verbose darwin
    python searched_lib.py --verbose darwin

> however, the following message
> was printed to the console despite redirection (split into multiple
> lines for readability):
>
>>> python library_chain.py --verbose > out_library_chain.txt
> ~/Downloads/boost_1_39_0/tools/build/v2/test/../../../jam/src/bin.macosxx86/bjam
> -sBOOST_BUILD_PATH="~/Downloads/boost_1_39_0/tools/build/v2/test" -d+2
> toolset=gcc
> --test-config="~/Downloads/boost_1_39_0/tools/build/v2/test/test-config.jam"
> --ignore-toolset-requirements

These messages are printed to stderr, apparently. Why the testing framework
Boost.Build tests are using does that is a question. Anyway, it seems that
this part is fine, so I'll only need to look at stdout with the extra option.

> I remember having problems when building all of Boost; fortunately, I
> was more interested in Boost.Filesystem at the time and so just
> skipped the Python library. Still, it'd be nice for it to work...

I believe that quite some improvements in Python support were done in recent
versions. If you still have issues, please file a bug on svn.boost.org and
I'll follow up there.

Thanks again,
Volodya