Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 11:13:32

On
> Behalf Of Manuel Fiorelli
> Sent: 30 July 2009 13:16
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
>
> 2009/7/30 Max <more4less_at_[hidden]>:
> > One Simple question.
> >
> > I've never used svg format before. We know it's quite easy to show an
SVG
> > file in IE or so by drag-n-drop, how can we visualize SVG file by our
own,
> > that
> > means how to show the plots in my program not using a browser?
>
> If you're writing a GUI application, you should look at Qt SVG
>
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qtsvg.html
>
> The doc says that
> "Qt supports the static features of SVG 1.2 Tiny."
>
> I don't know if it is sufficient to display the images produced by
Boost.plot.

Should be OK - SVG plot only uses features of SVG 1.2 Tiny.

"
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qsvgwidget.html#load

says
"
Void QSvgWidget::load ( const QString & file ) [slot]

Loads the contents of the specified SVG file and updates the widget.
"
Looks promising (and write to ostream version should avoid need to use a
file provided one can write to a QByteArray?)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse