Subject: Re: [boost] Please Help: Experienced very bad performance withMulti-index
From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-31 14:58:55

Jarolin, Robert <Robert.Jarolin <at> trueposition.com> writes:

> Ok. I thought there was some options to specify for boost
> that removed any and all non-release related settings.
> If not, then we are probably fine with our current test
> and release based settings.

OK. I still think the times you were getting were way too
long even considering the duplicate key problem, but anyway.

> I was hoping that there was some ability to specify your own
> hashing function to be called for each hash.

Yes, you can do that by passing a custom hash predicate
in the speciication of the hashed index, as explained at

http://www.boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/tutorial/indices.html#hash_spec

But even so the hash predicate is always expected to return
a meaningful hash code for each value passed, so what you've
got now is probably as good as you can get.

Good luck with your project,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo