Subject: [boost] Help with SVN required
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-01 15:14:35

I want to merge current state of the directories of the serialization
library into the release branch. In order to do this, I consult the SVN
documentation as well as the instructions at
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices

When I do the merge - I get a large number of conflicts. It looks like:

a) lines deleted from the trunk are not deleted from the new (release)
working copy.
b) files deleted from the trunk are not deleted from the new (release)
working copy.
c) files which have been added to the trunk don't show up in my (release)
working copy.

According to the SVN documentation I should go through the dozens of files
with conflicts one by one and examine them and resolve all the conflicts.

What I really want is for the current state of the trunk to be "transfered"
to the release branch. Any body know what i might be doing wrong?

Robert Ramey