Subject: [boost] Partial Sort and Partition with Ranges [was: Boostcon Keynote available]
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-04 05:03:57

2009/8/3 Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>:
> at http://boostcon.blip.tv
>
> Thank you, everyone, for your patience.
> More videos from Boostcon will be going up there in the near future.

Thanks, Marshall, I'd been looking forward to that.

I see that the talk presents a two-range form of partialSort, which I
don't see in D's standard library[1]. Does anyone know the history
there?

On a related note, how would I, using ranges, sort only the first half
of a partition? It appears I can only get a range for the second
half[2]. In code, I'm looking for the equivalent of sort(b,
partition(b, e, pred));

[1] http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_algorithm.html#partialSort
[2] http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/phobos/std_algorithm.html#partition