Subject: Re: [boost] Partial Sort and Partition with Ranges [was: Boostcon Keynote available]
From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrei_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-05 12:00:15

Scott McMurray wrote:
> 2009/8/3 Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>:
>> at http://boostcon.blip.tv
>>
>> Thank you, everyone, for your patience.
>> More videos from Boostcon will be going up there in the near future.
>>

> Thanks, Marshall, I'd been looking forward to that.
>
> I see that the talk presents a two-range form of partialSort, which I
> don't see in D's standard library[1]. Does anyone know the history
> there?

It's just a version un-synchronization. I have partialSort in my tree
but haven't committed it yet. I expect to do that soon.

> On a related note, how would I, using ranges, sort only the first half
> of a partition? It appears I can only get a range for the second
> half[2]. In code, I'm looking for the equivalent of sort(b,
> partition(b, e, pred));

I made partial sorting available for random-access ranges (just like
STL). For those it's easy to select the first half (e.g. in D by using
r[0 .. r.length / 2]).

Andrei

P.S. Unrelated: I found this interview with Stepanov about his new book
at http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1383185