Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 05:32:46

on 11.08.2009 at 12:39
 Frederic Bron wrote :

>> i looked at uBLAS and the design seemed obsolete to me
>> so i thought there could be a better approach then blindly following
>> blas design

> What is the issue with uBLAS?

in my opinion a piece of software must be targeted to target users
(excuse for a pun)
i see a generic scientist as target user who already knows about
matrix calculus and may not know about blas
for such person writing
 u = A*v + w
is much more natural than that of blas terms
i think that user must focus on the design and the intent rather
than how to express the thing in blas terms

--
Pavel
ps