Subject: Re: [boost] [C++0x] Report from Frankfurt committee meeting
From: Maik Beckmann (beckmann.maik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 18:38:54

Robert Ramey schrieb am Dienstag 11 August 2009 um 22:00:
> Would it not be possible to produce something like a "C++ Lint" (missing
> clever name here). Which would be
>
> a) Written in portable C++
> b) Would permit "concept" syntax to be added in as a tagged comment like
>
> /* indiana concept syntax
> */
>
> which would produce concept errors.
>
> This would
>
> a) be a practical tool for working programmers
> b) would be useful regardless of the C++ compiler being used
> c) would be quicker and easier to make than a full compiler
> d) wouldn't have to be very fast as it would only be invoked "occasionally"
> e) would provide feedback to the C++ community regarding
> the utility and practicality of any concept proposal.
>
> Robert Ramey

Putting aside the fact that I'm not qualified to comment on this... I wonder if
llvm's clang would be good base for such an effort, given that the dependencies
it introduces are not to much of a hassle.

If I got it right clang is, as llvm itself, mostly a set of libraries. So one
day the code in the to be written "Lint" library might end up being used for
clang's C++-Concept implementation. Yay!

-- Maik