Subject: Re: [boost] [C++0x] Report from Frankfurt committee meeting
From: Sid Sacek (ssacek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 16:37:35

This is probably going to piss some people off, but what the hay...

I was truly disappointed, myself, about Concepts being postponed until
future notice, but then starting thinking about why this is all taking
so long?

I mean, the C# people come out with language changes every couple of
years without any fuss or muss. But the C++ masterminds, I mean all
those guys with PHD's as well as the programming gurus, cannot figure
out the next stage after 10 years. What's going on?

Does it really matter what comes out of this committee? I don't care as
long as I have something better, and I don't think the compiler writers
care either; they're just waiting for something, anything.

Maybe I'm not seeing the big picture, but I'm starting to think the
committee is overdoing it.

-Sid