Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-16 01:17:18

Edward Grace wrote:
> Note that the components above and below the diagonal are the same.
> In BLAS (or indeed boost::ublas) this would be a matrix of symmetric
> type (or Hermitian if complex).
Ah in this case, we need to look if we can infer the "shape" of the
matrix from the AST and then tag the said expression with the proper
shape policy. IIRC I have a diag(n) that returns a diagonal matrix with
element from the vector n and it was shaped properly. So the engien is
here (shaped expression) but we need to be sure at CT that the said
matrix has a given property.
> From my humble experiences, thinking you've finished means you've only
> just about figured out what the problem actually is!
I was half-joking , mind you ;)

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35