Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: Edward Grace (ej.grace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-20 09:15:19

On 19 Aug 2009, at 20:03, joel wrote:

> DE wrote:
>> either of cases need some templates specializations but in a slightly
>> different manner (i didn't think so for which is harder to implement
> All this is doable with a simpel proto grammar + transform

For extra geek points why not implement an entire algebraic
simplification engine to do appropriate vector calculus transforms
first [*],

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_calculus_identities

Like a red rag to a bull!

Seriously though, I get the feeling that if one's too clever it will
become impossible for the user to know what they are actually doing -
therefore a simple expression that would normally be carried out by a
single BLAS / LAPACK style library call could end up being de-
optimally represented by a set of other calls.

-ed

[*] My tongue is very firmly in my cheek - I'm not being serious!