Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-20 12:21:59

Marco Guazzone wrote:
> Yes, joel could you please give us additional details on what is wrong
> with GLAS.

Well, does it generate SIMD code when available, openMP ? MPI code ?
address GPU or Cell processor ?
Can I tweak the tiling strategy, the unrolling factor of expressions ?
What's the added value beside being
a E.T based BLAS/LAPACK wrapper ?

> Its performance makes it very promising
Performances is not the problem. All those Expressions Tempaltes
libraries can't do anythign but get good performances.
As I say problem is level of user interface. It's good for C++ savvy
people, not for general, common scientist who need to write C++ but
dunno a lot about. As i said earlier too, it's a matter of tastes and
philosophy so I can't get any arguments out of that.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35