Subject: [boost] request for help: g++ compiler error in mapreduce library
From: Craig Henderson (cdm.henderson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-21 18:01:47

Can someone please help me with a g++ compiler error with my MapReduce
library test program?

My primary development platform is MSVC 2005 on Windows. I have an Ubuntu
box with g++ 4.3.3 which I am not particularly familiar with.

Compiling the test program 'mrtest' in boost-sandbox/libs/mapreduce/test on
g++, I get an error which I cannot resolve:

mrtest.cpp:228: error: expected primary-expression before '>' token

here's the piece of code (the full source is in
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/libs/mapreduce/test/mrtest.cpp):

        typename Job::datasource_type datasource(spec);

        Job job(datasource, spec);

        job.run<boost::mapreduce::schedule_policy::cpu_parallel<Job>
>(result); // <-- ERROR

The code compiles and runs fine on Windows. Any ideas?

Thanks

-- Craig

Craig Henderson

 <http://craighenderson.co.uk/> http://www.craighenderson.co.uk