Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Freeze for release candidate
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-24 13:00:37

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Jeremiah Willcock wrote:

>>> Someone would need to step forward to run them. If someone did that Soon (in
>>> the next few days), I'm pretty sure we would be happy to hold the release for
>>> a test cycle. Do we have any volunteers?
>>
>> Steve Robbins was running them (and probably still is), but the results
>> were not being reported to the regression testing site. There was a
>> discussion on boost-testing about the issue: "[Boost-testing] test results
>> with mpi vanish", but I do not believe that the bug in the Web site was
>> ever resolved to allow the tests to appear.
>
> I believe it was resolved, and there was at least one fairly green run from
> Steven. The current results are unwell:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/Debian-Sid-boost-bin-v2-libs-mpi-test-all_gather_test-1-test-gcc-4-3-4-debug-threading-multi.html
>
> But it seems due to genuine code-level problem.

Those results date from August 3 (three weeks ago), however; I think Steve
hacked up the result file manually to make the Website work correctly
(default runs still do not upload, I believe). There also does not appear
to be anything similar for the release branch. The page for the release
branch exists if you know the URL, but it is not listed in the library
list.

-- Jeremiah Willcock