Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Freeze for release candidate
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-25 09:15:17

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Steve M. Robbins wrote:

>>> Presumably because Steven's has manually tweaked the results again :-/
>> Yes, I did.

The results aren't there, now.

> So, let me summarize the options we have at this point:
>
> 1. Decide that apparently, MPI tests were never run in past as part of regression
> testing framework,

Is this really an accurate characterization? I can't believe that we've
*never* had MPI test results.

> and therefore can wait till 1.41.

I don't think we should ship untested code.

> 2. Have Noel try running with trunk version of XSL scripts, either using "svn switch",
> or by merging to release branch. Then, fix MPI failures.
>
> Can the release management team decide?

My vote goes for (2). We have some MPI test results now. Matthias should
have a look and report on the failures there. Then we can decide whether
there are any showstoppers.

Marshal, can you make sure Matthias has access to your test results?

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing