Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Release candidates available
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 11:51:31

> On linux fedora F11 x86_64 I get this warning:
>
> bjam -sICU_PATH=/usr -sEXPAT_INCLUDE=/usr -sEXPAT_LIBPATH=/usr/lib64 --
> layout=tagged threading=single,multi stage
>
> warning: ICU shared common library not found in path.
> hint: If the regex library fails to link then try again
> with the environment variable ICU_LINK set to contain
> the linker options required to link to ICU.
> Defaulting to look for libicuuc ...
> LINUX
> warning: ICU shared data library not found in path.
> hint: If the regex library fails to link then try again
> with the environment variable ICU_LINK set to contain
> the linker options required to link to ICU.
>
> 1. bjam should know to look in /usr/lib64 for all system libs
> 2. Is this just a harmless warning, or will the build be incorrect?

I assume that the compiler knows to look in that location?

Presumably simply using:

bjam -sHAVE_ICU=1

ie *without* setting ICU_PATH should just do the right thing without the
warnings?

ICU_PATH is there for situations where the ICU library is not already in the
compiler's search paths (ie on Windows), and that shouldn't be the case on
Linux.

HTH John.