Subject: [boost] Unicode preview 3
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-27 20:03:56

Here is the third preview of the Unicode library developed by myself and
mentored by Eric Niebler as part of the Google Summer of Code, and
probably the last one as part of this program. (I will continue
development and maintenance of it, however)

The docs are available online at:
http://blogloufoque.free.fr/unicode/doc/html/

The code, documentation, examples, tests and data parser are also
available on the sandbox subversion repository, and as an archive on the
vault:
http://tinyurl.com/n9xqju

Note you will need to set BOOST_ROOT to the root of your boost trunk
checkout in order to compile the library, examples, tests, documentation
or data parser.

One particular issue subject to debate lately is the name of the "Pipe"
concept.
It has been suggested it be renamed to Transducer, Transcoder or
Converter. I would appreciate community feedback on this.

I'm also trying to polish documentation, so I would like to know
anything that could be made better, or anything that is a bit
unpractical or hard to understand. (and of course, things that are
incorrect as well)

You will also notice part of the reference is separate, and that some
files do not lie under boost/unicode.
Those are things I am pondering whether they should get included in
Boost.Iterator or Boost.Range instead of Boost.Unicode.
any_range (which depends on any_iterator, that I didn't write) and
join_iterator certainly ought to not be in the Unicode library, but I'm
unsure about the rest.

There are also a few little things in the source I'd like to get
included elsewhere, such as foreach_auto, common_type, static_pow and
mpl/ustring, but I didn't document these at all.