Subject: Re: [boost] Trac XMLRPC support
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-28 01:20:10

David Abrahams wrote:

> on Sun Aug 23 2009, Vladimir Prus <vladimir-AT-codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday 04 August 2009 Vladimir Prus wrote:
>>

>>> Would it be possible to have XMLRPC plugin installed in Boost
>>> Trac instance? See:
>>>
>>> http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/XmlRpcPlugin
>>>
>>> The installation appears to be fairly simple (and indeed seems
>>> to just work somewhere else).
>>>
>>> This will allow to use third-party tools to grab tickets from Boost
>>> Trac, which will hopefully lead to more issues fixed :-)
>>
>> Ping?
>
> Done, thanks to DongInn Kim of OSL.

Thanks both to you and DongInn. However, it seems like some configuration tweak
is required. When I point my browser at:

        https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/xmlrpc

I am told that:

        Error: Forbidden
        XML_RPC privileges are required to perform this operation

I am logged in, so I imagine that ordinary users do not have that
privilege set. I imagine that single trac-admin invocation will
be sufficient to remedy this. Can this be done?

- Volodya