Subject: [boost] [serialization] Linker errors in trunk
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-28 14:27:26

Sorry, resending as it ended up on the wrong list...

-----------------------------

Since the latest changes in trunk I'm seeing linker errors while linking
with the serialization library (VS2005 SP1,
boost_serialization-vc80-mt-gd-1_40.lib):

runtime_support.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall
boost::archive::archive_exception::archive_exception(enum
boost::archive::archive_exception::_exception_code,char const *,char const
*)"
(__imp_??0archive_exception_at_archive@boost@@QAE_at_W4_exception_code_at_012@PBD1_at_Z)

(note the leading underscore in _exception_code)

Which is really strange as this symbol is the only missing one.

OTOH, the library exports the symbol:

boost::archive::archive_exception::archive_exception(
   enum boost::archive::archive_exception::exception_code,
   char const *,char const *);

(note the missing underscore in exception_code)

If I change the first parameter of the archive_exception constructor to be a
'int' everything builds fine.

Any clues? Compiler issue?
Regards Hartmut