Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009
From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-28 15:49:10

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Fernando
Cacciola<fernando.cacciola_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Developers,
>
> The formal review of the Boost.Polygon library by Lucanus Simonson starts
> today, August 24, 2009 and will finish September 2, 2009.
>
> I really hope to see your vote and your participation in the discussions on
> the Boost mailing lists!

Lucanus, can you provide rationale for why you chose to define
redundant operators for the polygonal boolean operations?

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/gtl/doc/gtl_polygon_set_concept.htm

Shows both operator| and operator+ as being the same thing - a boolean
OR between two polygons.

If there is some precedent for this, I accept, but if there isn't, I
would much rather prefer a single way of doing things. I suggest
dropping operator+ and operator*. Their counterparts make much more
sense to me.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to look at this library more in depth in
the next few days.

--Michael Fawcett