Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] unit tests
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 14:56:58

Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> Here comes my review of Boost.Polygon.
>> - What is your evaluation of the implementation?
>
> The fundamentals of the implementation are well done. However, some
> work is still needed before the library is ready for release as a
> Boost library.

> - The unit-tests should be split into smaller files and use a nonzero
> exit value to indicate failure. They should be placed in
> libs/polygon/test.

What granularity would you like to see the tests broken into?

> - Failing unit-tests should not be commented out just because they
> fail to compile.

I uncommented the handful of tests that I had commented out in the unit test source and these tests do compile and pass in MSVC9 and gcc4.2.2. The only tests commented out now are one which fails because the functionality isn't implemented (planed but not implemented functinality) and one that has long runtime and performs no functional testing.

Luke