Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review: Boost.Polygon starts today August 24, 2009
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 16:00:29

Phil Endecott wrote:
> Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:
>> 4.1.2 should compile without warnings now.
>
> The two lines:
>
> typedef polygon_90_set_data<screen_coord_t> markers_t;
> markers_t markers;
>
> give me 11 kbytes of warnings with gcc 4.1.2.
>
> No doubt this can also be fixed quickly. Would the review manager
> like
> to comment on the extent to which Luke may change the library as the
> review progresses? I recall this being discouraged on one previous
> occasion: "The library being reviewed is the one submitted". Allowing
> changes may require that the review manager has to consider whether
> reviewers might have had different opinions if they had waited for a
> few days before doing their investigations.
>

> Regards, Phil.

Phil,

Thanks for putting in the time to review my library.

I've updated the polygon.tar.gz archive to include the latest changes I have checked into the sandbox. These fix the warnings for gcc 3.4.4 and gcc 4.1.2. (I haven't yet fixed all of the MSVC warngings.) Please update your local copy from subversion or download the new tarball and retry.

Your example compiles with no warnings for me in gcc 4.1.2

#define BOOST_POLYGON_NO_DEPS

#include "polygon.hpp"
typedef int screen_coord_t;
typedef boost::polygon::polygon_90_set_data<screen_coord_t> markers_t;
   markers_t markers;

int main() {}

Compile line:
/usr/intel/pkgs/gcc/4.1.2/bin/g++ -Wall phil.cpp -I /usr/intel/pkgs/boost/1.39.0/include/boost-1_39/

Thanks,
Luke