Subject: Re: [boost] Build files locations, try 2
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-05 10:07:50

Vladimir Prus wrote:

>> Some time ago, I have raised the concern that CMakeList.txt
>> files violate directory structure requirements. See:
>>
>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/189496/
>>
>> Back then, the discussion did not lead anywhere, and no further
>> progress was made for 2.5 months. So, let me try to phrase this
>> a bit differently. Is it fine with everybody if I move Jamfiles
>> out of 'build' folder of every library one level higher?
>
> Ping?
>
> I would really prefer this question to be settled, as opposed to having different
> build files in different places for yet another release.

Personally, I would prefer to keep all project files (including Jamfiles
and CMake files) in a separate directory, such as build. Perhaps, there
should be subdirectories in the build dir, such as bjam, cmake, vs2005,
vs2008 and so on. It just looks more clean and convenient to me.
However, I'm not familiar with CMake and I don't know if it poses any
problems to it.