Subject: [boost] Policy related to the time between a library is accepted and released?
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-18 13:35:40

Hi,

On "Past Review Results and Milestones" (http://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html) we see the following

There are 3 libraries accepted more than 1 year ago that are commited on trunk but not yet on release .
* Property Tree Marcin Kalicinski May 20, 2006
* Forward (fast-track) Tobias Schwinger John Torjo December 3, 2007 - December 7, 2007
* Factory (fast-track) Tobias Schwinger John Torjo December 17, 2007 - December 21, 2007

There are 2 libraries accepted more than 1 year ago but not yet commited on trunk.
* Time Series Eric Niebler August 17, 2007
* Floating Point Utilities Johan Råde Mars 8, 2008

There are 2 libraries accepted provisionally more than 1 year ago but without any outcome.
* Switch Steven Watanabe January 13, 2008
* Phoenix Joel de Guzman Hartmut Kaiser September 21, 2008 - September 30, 2008

I understand that the authors have a lot of other things to do, but one year seems to me a good delay. Should't Boost have a policy related to the time between a library is accepted and released? If yes, which one?

Best regards,
Vicente