Subject: Re: [boost] Boost build problem
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-24 02:02:29

Volodya, thanks -- it turned out I forgot the BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB.

I have another related question. If I don't use <runtime-link>static,
obviously the built executable needs the runtime DLLs. My question is,
is there a way to specify a directory dependent on the MSVC version
that contains the necessary runtime dlls so that Boost Build can run a
target that was successfully built?

(Arguably, what I'm asking for shouldn't be supported, since the
correct way to do this is to have multiple versions of Visual Studio
properly installed, whereas I only have VC9 installed, from VC8 I just
have the compiler/linker, libraries, runtime DLLs, etc. copied in a
folder.)

Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.