Subject: Re: [boost] Matrix Library
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-24 04:49:28

Cem Kalyoncu wrote:

> [Row|Col|]Min/Max/Average/Sum/Median
> [Row|Col]MinIndex/MaxIndex
> SortRows
Why this instead of having a STD comaptible iterator we could feed to
std::sort ?

> RemoveCol/RemoveRow
A more generic ranges based acces or iterator support makes more sense

> Uses a managedbuffer and allows temporary matrixes which are not copied
Why not use Expression Tempaltes instead of this ?

> Set/Get/GetData/()
> Resize/GetSize/GetCols/GetRows
> isSquare/isIdentity
> Compare/==/!= > matrix operators (+, -, *, +=, -=, *=)
> scalar operator (+, -, /, *, +=, -=, *=, /=)
> Transpose/Determinant/Inverse/Minor/Cofactor/Adjoint > Identity/ZeroFilled/RandomFilled/RobertsCross/SobelX|Y
Those need to be free functions ...

> conversion to string and output to a stream is supported
Conversion to string makes little sense if you have streaming

We went through a 150+ message thread about the exact same thing. DE
actually posted a somewhat interesting design. Yours lacks a lot of
proper features and fall into the same, old pitfall of matrix class.

Check this:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/192679/focus=192745
+ following and see what's you're still missing