Subject: Re: [boost] Review Request: Boost.Itl; The Interval Template Library
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 06:04:50

2009/9/30 Jeff Flinn <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]>:

> I've been able to get what I currently need of the itl
> to compile/link and pass tests under CodeWarrior 9.4 on windows and Mac.

good news :-)

> The
> attached patch file clears up the ambiguous template definition errors I was
> getting. The culprit was the use of 'using base_type::insert' in
> boost/itl/map.hpp. CodeWarrior sees both std::map::insert(const value_type&)
> and itl::map::insert(const value_type&) because of the using declaration
> unhiding all overloads of std::map::insert. I'm not sure what the standard
> says about this. So I removed the 'using base_type::insert' and provide an
> explicit forwarding function to insert(iterator, value_type).

which is better than the combination of 'using' and redefinition.

>This is
> probably the case for other classes that privately derive from
> std::containers.

I have checked this. I have found no more flaws of this kind.

> There also were two add_front function bodies that didn't use the co_val
> argument, so I commented out those args to quiet warnings.

Jeff, thank you again for contributing work on portability
for the itl. I have integrated your patch and checked the
code for more flaws of this kind.

I have compiled and tested the changes with gcc and msvc
and committed the code to the sandbox.

Best regards
Joachim