Subject: Re: [boost] [std_rdb] [rdb] 0.0.10 + documentation
From: Daniel Pfeifer (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 16:12:25

Hi J-L,

Quite a while ago I started to write yet another SQL library.
The project can be found at https://sourceforge.net/projects/async-db/

My library has very little in common with your library. While your library
is
mainly fucused on creating valid SQL strings (please correct me if I am
wrong),
my library is targeted against prepared statements as function objects and
asynchronous operations. Creation of SQL strings is out of scope.

All it does (or rather "will do") is wrap the C-APIs of Firebird, MySQL,
ODBC,
Oracle Call Interface, PostgreSQL and SQLite3. I do not really think that
my
library is ready to present to the public, but it might be interesting to
combine our libraries or use them together as a base for a higher level
library.

Currently my MySQL backend is the most feature rich one. It supports
asynchonous
operations, statements as function objects, boost::optional<T> for fields
that
may be NULL, gregorian::date for field DATE, posix_time::time_duration for
TIME
and posix_time::ptime for DATETIME.

Please have a look at the example at
https://async-db.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/async-db/trunk/examples/mysql.cpp